- Open Source! GPLv3, no hidden costs.
- Cross-platform. Runs on Linux, Mac, Windows (uses wxWidgets).
- Written in C++. No interpreted languages or proprietary libs needed.
- Extensible through plugins
Multiple compiler support:
- GCC (MingW / GNU GCC)
- Digital Mars
- Borland C++ 5.5
- Open Watcom
- …and more
Very fast custom build system (no makefiles needed)
Support for parallel builds (utilizing your CPU’s extra cores)
Workspaces to combine multiple projects
Inter-project dependencies inside workspace
Imports MSVC projects and workspaces (NOTE: assembly code not supported yet)
Imports Dev-C++ projects
Interfaces GNU GDB
Also supports MS CDB (not fully featured)
Full breakpoints support:
- Code breakpoints
- Data breakpoints (read, write and read/write)
- Breakpoint conditions (break only when an expression is true)
- Breakpoint ignore counts (break only after certain number of hits)
Display local function symbols and arguments
User-defined watches (support for watching user-defined types through scripting)
Custom memory dump
Switch between threads
View CPU registers
- Syntax highlighting, customizable and extensible
- Code folding for C, C++, Fortran, XML and many more files.
- Tabbed interface
- Code completion
- Class Browser
- Smart indent
- One-key swap between .h and .c/.cpp files
- Open files list for quick switching between files (optional)
- External customizable “Tools”
- To-do list management with different users
And many more features provided through plugins!